Dr. G.
Dr. G., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Private Practice Veterinarian
71397578

My dog started giving birth almost 3 hrs. ago. the first one

Customer Question

My dog started giving birth almost 3 hrs. ago. the first one was stillborn. and nothing has happened since. what can I do to help her?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can.

Please allow a few minutes for me to read your responses and for me to respond back.

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear she has lost a puppy.

I will need a little bit more information to better help you:

1) Is this her first breeding?

2) What breed of dog is she?

3) When was she originally bred?

4) did she have x-rays or an ultrasound at the vet to determine how many puppies were present?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Dr G, I was in panic mode when I signed up for this service. It was after hours and I didn't know what to do. She is doing fine now. I took her to emergency Vet and she had a C-section the next day. 9 puppies they are all doing good. Thanks again.
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 1 year ago.

I am so glad to hear she is doing well. I know that can be very scary. Congrats on the new puppies!

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tommy,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Moonshine. How is everything going?

Dr. G.