Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I have a 43 lb lab mix who I took to the vet yesterday. He

Customer Question
has a nasal discharge that...
I have a 43 lb lab mix who I took to the vet yesterday. He has a nasal discharge that was not clear, sneezing, fever, and eyes were starting to get goopy - no cough. Gave him a prescription of amoxicillin, 500 mg twice a day.
I told the Vet that one of my other dogs had sneezed that morning, but one sneeze doesn't prove it is contagious. So he said watch them.
Now all four of my other dogs are sneezing and I am concerned about waiting until tomorrow to get amoxicillin for them too.
If I provide the stats of my other dogs can you prescribe on this site?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/7/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Andy, Medical Director replied 1 year ago
Dr. Andy, Medical Director

We cannot prescribe, by law.

A vet must examine a pet, to estabilish a patient-client-doctor relationship in order to prescribe.

Dr. Andy, Medical Director