Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog is suddenly drinking a lot of water and urinating

Customer Question
larger quantities and more often. she...
My dog is suddenly drinking a lot of water and urinating larger quantities and more often.
she is a King Charles Cavalier 11 years old
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Fergie
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Fergie?
Customer: My vet put her on anabiotic's for a possible bladder section she had a rash in her lower abdominal area which has since gone away after using the anabiotic's but she still drinking and peeing a lot
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/7/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Jennifer Welsh,
 replied 1 year ago
Jennifer Welsh

Hello! I am Dr Welsh and I am happy to help with your questions today. I am sorry that your pup isn't feeling well. Let's see if we can get to the bottom of this. I have just a few additional questions for you so that I can make the best recommendation.

Have you had any bloodwork done recently since this started?

any other clinical signs (excessive panting, distended abdomen, heat seeking/cold seeking, etc?

any current meds or illness?

eating and otherwise acting normal?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian