Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

Would I get a diagnosis? I am pretty sure carpal flexion,

Customer Question

Is this free?
JA: The Veterinarian's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: Would I get a diagnosis?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?
Customer: I am pretty sure carpal flexion, she is a 10 week old puppy and her paw is pointing inward. It doesnt hurt her at all, and she stills is very active
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Nova
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Nova?
Customer: No
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took some pictures I can attach if needed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Thank you for the pictures; that always helps. It looks like her toes are rolling inward on both front paws. It also looks like her wrist joint on her left front leg may be over extended and may be a little bit twisted inward ("carpus varus"). To tell you what is going on, and what to do about it, she should have an Xray taken of both front feet and wrists (carpi). This may be something that might improve with putting splints on, or it may be something only surgery can correct, or it may be relatively harmless. Xrays would be needed to tell you more.

Let me know what other questions I can answer.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I hope you were able to see my response! Can I answer anything else?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?