Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My pit is and has been bleeding for some time now she's not

Customer Question
My pit Bull is and...
My pit Bull is and has been bleeding for some time now she's not in heat as far as I know at first it was a doll pink colour now it is a bright red. At times it is heavy other times just drops it leaves puddles in my floor. She don't seem to be to Mopy just at time. She is gentle and loving and don't Act sick.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/3/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How old is she?

2- How long has this been going on?

3- Any pre existing medical conditions?

4- Any other symptoms?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
she is about one 1 1/2 years to two years .maybe month and half or less it's been going on . Not that I can think of.None other sentence period she actually belongs to my neighbours they kept her lock up in a tin building. She sometimes had to go without water and food and no windows in the building she won't stay at home she breaks out and keeps showing up at my door.

1- Is she urinating more frequently?

2- She is not spayed, correct?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No she don't urinate that often. Right not spayed.

Please give me a few minutes to type your answer. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay

Friend, a bloody vaginal discharge can be caused by many different medical conditions. It will be difficult for me to determine the exact underlying cause without a hands on examination and some testing. But, common causes are: Infection of the uterus, a urinary tract infections, vaginal tumors, bladder stones, etc. to name a few causes. Unfortunately we are very limited as to what you can do at home. There is not much I can recommend for you to try at home that will have a significant therapeutic benefit. The first place to start is with a hands on examination by family veterinarian, urinalysis and xrays. Treatment will be based on exam and test results. If cost is a concern look into your local ASPCA or Shelter where they often offer veterinary services at a lower cost.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.

Hi Mary,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Peter
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
She has stopped bleeding just a drop or so.

I am happy to learn she is doing better. I would still have her checked by family vet to rule out things like bladder stones. Thank you for the update.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay

Fair enough. :)

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian