Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I'm so worried about my Australian shepherd who is six. Her

Customer Question

Hi there I'm so worried about my Australian shepherd who is six. Her eyes are runny and glazed over ... And she is lethargic big time . No other symptoms still drinking and eating. I live in Hollywood no telling what she could've tastes in the bushes but at home she stays inside ... I went to the vet no fever but I'm terrified it's something fatal bc she is NEVER this lethargic she almost never gets sick. Certainly never this sick. I made her chicken and she ate it all. The vet was disinterested in her and glossed over the case ... We did antibiotics and an eye drop... Do you know what it could be or what I should look out for. She had all her distemper shots as a baby and at two, none since I don't think... Which I'm regretting now
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also I didn't say. She's a bit nauseous and the vet saw a red spot in her gums that maybe made her think she might start getting a tooth infection... And she is eating her chicken gingerly ... And no fever but she won't even walk very far she needs me to carry her . Vet said her breathing and stomach and lungs are fine ...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's how she looks , kinda comatose and dazed and her eye glazed over
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I couldn't afford any blood work done but my aunt said she would front me the cash if it's needed . I don't want to wait too long until
It's too late to help her .. I took today off work to be with her and spent all I could at the vet ..
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) When did this begin?
2) What antibiotics and eye drops were used? Any improvements?
3) Any vomiting?
4) What does she regularly eat as a food source?