Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My 7 yr. old Lab will not eat her food. It is a real

Customer Question
struggle. She will eat treats...
My 7 yr. old Lab will not eat her food. It is a real struggle. She will eat treats and pee's and poop's and plays and otherwise acts fine. She has always been a slow eater but with two other dogs, I can't allow her to eat whenever she wants.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Her name is Coraline.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Coraline?
Customer: Well, she did choke on a pig ear on Thursday.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/1/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Lisa, Certified Vet Tech replied 1 year ago
Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question. Just like an in person consult, I have some questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible....

How long has she been not eating?

How often is she getting treats?

Can you describe your meal time routine?

How much exercise is she getting daily?

Have you changed foods at all?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian