Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog has lost the use of his back legs. This is more a

Customer Question

My dog has lost the use of his back legs.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: This is more a paralysis kind of problem. It started 2 days ago. The vet ran tick born illness test and tests for parasites and stuff. Gave anti inflammatory and antibiotic.
The dog is much worse. He cannot get up at all.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: He is a healthy 2 year old lab/hound mix. We have his sister as well. She is fine. He hasn't gotten up on his own in more than 12 hours.
JA: What is the hound's name?
Customer: Thor
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 11 months ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am sorry for the delay in response. If you would like to continue can you please answer a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Is he dragging the back legs?

2- What is the name of the medications he is on?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.