Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

He seems to be in pain. He is breathing real hard and keeps

Customer Question

He seems to be in pain. He is breathing real hard and keeps getting up to walk around.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: Nothing that I can see.
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Dan and he's 7
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Dan?
Customer: He has a small round bump under his left front leg that we are having removed on 2 weeks when I get back from vacation but that doesn't hurt him or anything.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

Candace, I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. Unfortunately, Dan's breathing hard and failure to settle might indicate pain, anxiety, or both but those are nonspecific symptoms and unless other symptoms arise leave us without knowing why Dan is behaving in that manner. May I have an update on Dan please?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?