Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I came home from work and found her sprawled on ground. She

Customer Question
cannot use back legs and...
I came home from work and found her sprawled on ground. She cannot use back legs and her nipple area is hard and bleeding.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: Nothing on feet.
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Her name is***** hound 13 years old.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Freckles?
Customer: Her breathing is rough like she has a cold.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
7/29/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Candy, Veterinary Technician replied 1 year ago
Candy
Candy, Veterinary Technician

Hello. I am sorry to hear Freckles is not doing well. My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help.

Can you tell me if there was swelling on the nipple previously?

Was she outside when this happened if so any signs of wounds like a bite mark snake strike etc>

What color are her gums?

Any previous medical concerns?

Can you take a rectal temp if so please do so and let me know what it is?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
She passed away through the night.

Oh no I am so sorry and I apologize from the bottom of my heart that no one helped you when you wrote in. I just signed on for the day and saw your question.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Please know you now have a very special angel watching over you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you.

You are very welcome.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian