Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Ingested (it was auto corrected) the dog chewed on top of

Customer Question
sample vile ( usually given...
ingested (it was auto corrected) the dog chewed on top of sample vile ( usually given out in department stores 1.7 oz) and perfume was released when he chewed, approx a quarter of the size of vile. He is 13 lbs and is acting fine I just gave a few crackers washed. Ouch out just not sure if polio ours and should induce vomiting please advise asap
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
7/29/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Altman, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

Just to confirm, he didn't ingest any of the vial itself just the contents? If he didn't ingest the vial (which is a foreign body concern) and only the contents then likely he will be at risk of an upset stomach but he should be just fine

As a precaution I would give him a meal of white rice and lean boiled meat with water mixed in to dilute the contents and monitor for vomiting, diarrhea, reduced appetite for 12-24 hours but if you pass this point there should be no issues

Please let me know any additional questions I can assist with today

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier, how is Tobi doing? Were there any issues with the ingestion? I would love an update when you are able

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!

Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian