Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

Have a GSD that has recurring infection in the outer

Customer Question

Have a GSD that has recurring infection in the outer lip/jowl area. Trying to find something to clean the area with that wont make him sick.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Ruger. 8-1/2 y.o.
JA: How old is Ruger?
Customer: 8-1/2
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Ruger?
Customer: Nothing. Healthy otherwise
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years.

There are two products that can be used safely to clean the area. The fist is hibiclens wash which can be diluted as directed and used to clean the area:

http://www.allegromedical.com/skin-care-c535/hibiclens-liquid-skin-cleanser-16-oz-p214904.html?utm_campaign=Comparison%20Shopping&utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=feed&CS_003=9164468&CS_010=8ab281020bb66dff010bb69c17747d8f&gclid=CKqImbGkl84CFdgIgQod8GENbQ&kwid=productads-adid^53190000973-device^c-plaid^191196448573-sku^[email protected]@ADL4ALLEGRO-adType^PLA#1345-CADBEC1

Or you can use Betadine diluted to a Dark tea color. You can find it at most Pharmacies and stores where first aid supplies are sold. These two produces are safe to use. You can also apply some Neosporin on the lip for healing.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Jav917