Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

She is making a snorting sound while she turns her head to

Customer Question
hello, she is making a...
hello, she is making a snorting sound while she turns her head to one side
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: its pretty scary, almost feel like her head is going to get locked
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: Mia, 11 yrs. She's a tiny 3 lb yorkie
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it is almost as if she is trying to sneeze, but the scary part is that she turns her head (almost locking it) and I feel like she is going to hurt herself. She has been diagnosed with a small foramen magnum opening and a bone deformity in her upper Cervical vertebrae. She is currently on omeprazil to decrease her CSF levels.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Omeprazole
7/24/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. Her history suggests pain or aberrant behavior associated with her Chiari-like malformation. Is this behavior continuing? If so, can you post a video of it to YouTube and then give me the link to it? Remember not to mark it as "private".

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian