Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Our 8 year old terrier mix who is normally very out going

Customer Question

Our 8 year old terrier mix who is normally very out going seems rather subdued today almost fearful and occationally yelps either when touched or when he thinks he is going to be touched. Very out of character and odd. Has us a bit concerned.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the terrier?
Customer: He is acting rather subdued and occasionally yelps when he thinks he is going to be touched or is touched.
JA: Where does the terrier seem to hurt?
Customer: I'd say mostly along his rib cage but he just winced when my daughter went to pet his head. It is like he is anticipating pain.
JA: OK. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the terrier?
Customer: normally he is very happy go lucky loves haning out with us but today he seems to want to be alone and he just looks sad.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian. I do apologize that your question was not answered before now, but different experts do come online at different times. Anyway, I have just come online, read about your situation and wanted to help.

If you would like assistance can you tell me:

Any history of falls, traumas, or injury?

Any sores or obvious changes along the rib cage?

Any appetite changes or signs of stomach upset?