Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

After a short ke left our 13 year old Blue Healer/Tic Hound

Customer Question
After a short hike left...
After a short hike left our 13 year old Blue Healer/Tic Hound in the car from 530 to 10:15.
The windows were closed.
It was in the shade but temps were in the mid eighties to seventies. She walked out of the car when we got him out and drank TONS of water.
She appears ok.
Her coat is damp.
We have an ice pack on the back of her neck.
Is there anything else we should do for her other than flog ourselves for being so careless?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
7/20/2016
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 year ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello and thank you for your question. I am sorry that no one has reached out to you sooner. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) How is she doing at this time?
2) Is she walking well on her own?
3) Is she eating and drinking?
4) Any vomiting or diarrhea?
5) Did anyone take her temperature at the onset of this?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian