Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My five year old Pekingese died yesterday at 5:15 apparent…

Customer Question
My five year old Pekingese...
My five year old Pekingese died yesterday at 5:15 for no apparent reason we woke up she came out to greet my friend had a seizure and died. I need to know if it's the house I'm living in and if my other animals are in danger
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
7/19/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry to hear about sweet Angel's passing! I know how hard this can be....

Most likely Angel had an underlying issue such as a brain tumor or liver cancer that caused this seizure resulting in death. Any toxins in your house would have shown up as something long term and not all of a sudden. We have seen many of these cases that are perfectly normal until one day the mass or tumor invades into a portion of the brain or liver that caused Angel to pass. It would be best, ***** ***** piece of mind, to have a Necropsy done on your sweet Angel to know for sure but, as I said, in most cases of sudden death, there is an underlying medical condition that was hidden.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your precious Angel.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****