Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I have a 10 weeks old Airedale Terrier and he is limping on

Customer Question
his back left leg? JA: I'm...
I have a 10 weeks old Airedale Terrier and he is limping on his back left leg?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: No, in all honesty I haven't. Clément is such a young new puppy and I don't want to see my little beautiful boy suffering :(
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. What is the terrier's name?
Customer: Clément
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Cl?
Customer: No, Clément only started limping just 2 days ago and especially when he wakes up for some reason. He is growing very fast that's for sure
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
7/19/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Ellie, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Ellie
Dr. Ellie, Veterinarian

I'm sorry about Clement's lameness. Is this the only time that he has been limping? Has he been subjected to any trauma that you know of? Are there other dogs in the house that he plays with? What is he currently eating? Limping can be from many different things, so I can try to narrow it down with a little more information.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a very old 19 years old WireFox Terrier and an 8.5 years old Kerry Blue that don't play with Clément at all. However having said that, Clément seem to like eating Ania's food and she is the Kerry Blue Terrier for some reason. He also like dry liver treats all the time and also I give him milk too ....
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When I got Clément from the breeder at the age of 8 weeks and 3 days he certainly wasn't limping at all. He is quite active and loves running and pick up anything that he finds outside and I constantly try not to let him do that. He almost walk a bit sideways sometime for some reason and it doesn't seem to bother him for some reason but it certainly bother me.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't want to become a member and I don't want money to be taken out of my account every months please. I have my own vet and I will get a reply tomorrow from my Veterinary Clinic .... Thanks

I do not have anything to do with the billing but am happy to refer you to customer service to address your concerns. In the meantime, I am happy to address your concerns with Clement's limping to the best of my ability if you want to continue. The cause of limping can be injury or a developmental problem in a puppy this young so I recommend discussing X-rays with your veterinarian to see if there are any abnormalities. Since growth issues can be compounded by improper nutrition, a careful diet analysis with your veterinarian is important as well. Puppies need proper nutrition which includes avoiding deficiencies as well as excess.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you kindly, I will be visiting my Vet tomorrow.

You're very welcome. Best of luck to you and your little boy!! I hope that it is nothing serious.

Dr. Ellie
Dr. Ellie
Dr. Ellie, Veterinarian