Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog is lethargic, not eating much or drinking much,

Customer Question
sniffs his rear like something...
My dog is lethargic, not eating much or drinking much, sniffs his rear like something bad is going to come out, but never goes, and is stretching out his rear legs leaning forward on front.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help your dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Tucker around 2-3
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Tucker?
Customer: he likes to eat tissues and toilet paper, a lot!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
7/19/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Ellie, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Ellie
Dr. Ellie, Veterinarian

Im sorry to hear that Tucker is not feeling well. It sounds like he is exhibiting signs of abdominal pain. The prayer pose is classic for a painful abdomen. He definitely needs to be examined by a veterinarian. Because he eats tissues, I am worried about an obstruction in his intestines. This can be a life threatening situation and Tucker should be evaluated by an emergency veterinarian right away if he is vomiting, has a distended abdomen or his gums are tacky or pale. If he seems to be ok otherwise, then an exam first thing in the morning by your regular veterinarian is recommended.

Dr. Ellie
Dr. Ellie
Dr. Ellie, Veterinarian