Dani Rabwin
Dani Rabwin,
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian at Broadway Pet Hospital
94504053

My 14 year old pomeranian is lethargic, won't eat, sits in a

Customer Question

My 14 year old pomeranian is lethargic, won't eat, sits in a weird position with his penis out. We drove 7 hours in the car yesterday with frequent stops. He did not sleep much but has not eaten much of anything but a few treats since yesterday morning. What could be wrong
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dani Rabwin replied 1 year ago.

Hi this is Dr. Dani, I'm a small animal veterinarian and I'm happy to help with your pomeranian. What is his name? Is he drinking water? Any vomiting or diarrhea? Was he fine before yesterday? Please give me some additional information and I'll be able to offer some suggestions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
His name is***** is black. I gave him some white chicken which he ate then drank some water. He was fine before car ride
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No vomiting or diarrhea. He was eating some grass
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We did not have his regular food ( he didn't it )until today but he won't eat it

Thanks for the additional information. I'm glad to hear he's eating and drinking a bit. It's possible he became dehydrated and maybe an upset stomach from the long car ride. My recommendation is to keep offering small bits of chicken with rice. Keep him hydrated by offering gatorade or chicken broth. Also since he's eating grass he may have an upset stomach, so you can give Pepcid AC (an over the counter antacid) - 1/2 tablet once daily. I do find that older dogs get acidic stomach problems so the antacid can help. If you do these things and he's not feeling much better tomorrow, then I recommend you take him to the vet.

Please let me know any additional questions you have. And please make sure to rate me when you're satisfied with the service you've received as this is the only way I am compensated for my time. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He drank a lot of water yesterday. Thanks you so much. Can I give him peas. He likes peas

That's so cute that he likes peas! Yes you can feed those. Try to add in a protein like boiled chicken or cottage cheese too.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much

You're welcome. I hope he feels better!

Hi there I hope Brewsky is feeling better. Please make sure to rate me if you are satisfied with the service you've received as this is the only way I am compensated for my time. Thanks!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dani Rabwin