Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Our dog has advanced lymphoma, with noted lymphedema

Customer Question

Our dog has advanced lymphoma, with noted lymphedema throughout his right rear extremity. He's currently on Baytril and Prednisone. He is a little weak, tires very easily with mild SOB, but not showing obvious signs of discomfort. He does have significant edema to his right eye, with moderate amounts of clear drainage, and frequently rubbing the eye with his paw. Is there anything I can do to relieve his swelling or irritation?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. If you get a request for a phone call, it is from the website and not myself. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately if you have responded back to me within 10 minutes of my response. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

Are you referring to the swelling and irritation with the eye?

Is he squinting the eye?