Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My dog, a 7 year old yorkie ate chow mein noodles. Will he

Customer Question

My dog, a 7 year old yorkie ate chow mein noodles. Will he be okay?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.

Hello Kenny,

This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.

My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience with dogs and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. However before I can start I need a little more information to make things clearer for me so could you please answer the following :

1. Roughly how many noodles did Indy eat, how much?

2. Were these cooked already and were they flavoured?

You can then expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so. We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype if this is more convenient for you. Please get back to me if this is more suitable for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }

Regards,

Dr Scott

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Dr Scott, he ate maybe two handfulls of the noodles, and they were already cooked, they were from a fast food chain Panda Express.

Hello again Kenny,

I have worked out an answer for you below ...

1. I cannot see that he is at any risk in terms of toxicity but he may perhaps suffer a mild transient bout of vomiting and / or diarrhoea purely because of the sudden ingestion of what is an unusual rich food source for dogs. Many small breed dogs have quite weak stomachs you see and this was a fairly large amount for such a small dog. But if a bout of gastroenteritis should occur it is not likely to be too serious.

2. There are no special measures you need take other than just keeping an eye on Indy and letting things work through his system, but I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if your dog's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again Kenny,

I am just checking back in to see how Indy is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the chow mein noodles ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.