Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Just took my 4 month old austrailian shepherd puppy 23 lbs

Customer Question
to the vet today and...
just took my 4 month old austrailian shepherd puppy 23 lbs to the vet today and he had vaccinations and when I came home I gave him heartworm pill trifexis he has been very lethargic ever since and he started panting and when I picked him up his belly is on fire
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: yogi
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Yogi?
Customer: i just picked up the dog last week and he was healthy all week i gave him a bath earlier with shampoo i bought at petsmart could he have a reaction to the soap should i rinse him off
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/16/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Altman, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

I am sorry to hear Yogi is not feeling well. Can you please tell me his gum color?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Light pink

Thank you, ***** ***** than pink?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Real light pink

Are there any bumps on her? Or itching? Do you have an ability to take a rectal temperature with a digital thermometer?

I am worried about this either being an anaphylactic reaction to the vaccination or the trifexis or even a combination of the two and with her gums being pale pink I would strongly urge a veterinary er. If she is having a reaction to the vaccination the vaccine company will cover costs of a veterinary er visit in most cases and this can potentially be life threatening

I hope this information makes sense but please let me know how else I can assist you both tonight, you both are definitely in my thoughts and I would love an update tomorrow if you are able...

This does not sound like a situation I would attempt to treat at home with the pale pink gums and panting, please consider the veterinary er

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thank you

Good afternoon, I wanted to check in on Yogi to see if you took him to the er yesterday? Is he alright? I would love an update when you are able...

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you

Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian