Dr. Barbara
Dr. Barbara, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years experience in veterinary medicine and surgery.
56364752

I'm not sure what's wrong with her. I was dying my hair and

Customer Question

I'm not sure what's wrong with her. I was dying my hair and worried that she might have ate some. She is acting very weird
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: no
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Barbara replied 1 year ago.

Hi! My name is***** and I'll be happy to answer your questions today.

How is your dog acting weird. . .what is she doing? It would also be helpful to know how old she is and if she has any chronic conditions I should know about.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She's 6 years old and she has no chronic condition except that she gets into things that she shouldn't. She is wobbly and cant't walk straight. She also has her tongue sticking out. I gave her some milk and she seems to be doing a better but still not back to normal. Do you think I should take her to the emergency room>

Thanks for your response. I do think having your vet there check her is a very good idea! She is showing neurological signs which could possibly be from what she ingested of your hair dye, could be from some other toxin in your environment such as mushrooms or anti freeze, could be a type of seizure, or possibly a middle ear infection or a foxtail in her outer ear canal.

When you do take her in, take the carton of the hair dye with the ingredients.

Best of luck! Do you have any further questions for me?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank you! Going to take her in.

What a cutie!!!!! Thanks for the picture! I love to see the pets we are talking about.

Again, I wish you the very best of luck.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Barbara