Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

He is having breathing spasms. s appetite is good and will

Customer Question
He is having breathing spasms...
He is having breathing spasms. His appetite is good and will walk with me. These spasms started out small, but now they are very often. I will pet him to help stop the spasms.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: I believe he wouldn't go for walk if he had one - he doesn't limp when he walks
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Boscoe - he is a Llasa Apsa (sp?) and is about 19
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bosco?
Customer: He's fairly blind, and a little deaf - he's an old man!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
7/12/2016
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 year ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) Do you have video to share of what you're seeing?
2) When did these begin?
3) How often are they now?
4) Any snorting during the episodes?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian