How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PitRottMommy Your Own Question
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 8687
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
PitRottMommy is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dog ate molded food

Customer Question

Dog ate molded food
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  AnimalBehavior replied 1 year ago.

Hey there, I am happy to assist.

Your dog should be fine if he or she at some molded food. Dogs have a much different system. If the food was so bad that it would make your dog sick, they probably wouldn't have eaten it. Generally the system is quite strong, and bacteria can actually make its way all the way through their digestive system without causing harm to the body.

Keep an eye on them for the next few days just to be sure, but I would not worry about it.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.



Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She didn't eat this am she's acting really tired
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 year ago.

Hi, JACustomer. Thanks for your question. It looks like your post was routed to the general section of the website and has now been brought over to the veterinary/pet portion.

I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) When did the dog eat molded food?
2) What type of food was it? human food? cat food? dog food?
3) Why was it moldy? left out too long or came this way in can or kibble form?
4) Are you seeing any vomiting or diarrhea?
5) Is she still drinking currently?
6) How much was eaten and what breed is your companion?