Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I have noticed dime size bumps near her breasts and now i

Customer Question
have noticed loss of hair...
I have noticed dime size bumps near her breasts and now i have noticed loss of hair all on her back, what could it be?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
just yesterday and today she has diarrhea...
7/10/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Jennifer Welsh,
 replied 1 year ago
Jennifer Welsh

Hello! I am Dr Welsh and I am happy to help with your questions today. I am sorry that your pup isn't feeling well. Let's see if we can get to the bottom of this. I have just a few additional questions for you so that I can make the best recommendation.

Is she eating and drinking ok?

otherwise acting normal?

has this ever happened before?

can you take a pic of it and send it to me so I can get a better look?

is she on flea prevention?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
1. Yes she is eating and drinking well but has had diarrhea for the past 3 days
2. Princess is acting normal
3. She's had the bump/lumps/warts for a while
4. Yes she is on flea prevention
5. Just noticed her loss of hair since last groomed on April 14
Is all this happening to her because she is old? Princess is 11 years old
Dog Veterinarian: Jennifer Welsh,
 replied 1 year ago

I am sorry that I haven't been able to get back to you sooner. My internet was down for the last two days.
the first pic I am not sure what that is, It looks like it could be a mass, I would recommend taking her to the vet so they can get a sample and look under the microscope or send out to the pathologist to evaluate.

the third pic i agree appears to be a wart-type growth. these typically are only a concern if they scratch or break them open. then they usually have to come off.

the fourth pic could be a meibomian gland cyst, but cannot be completely sure without taking it off and sending to the pathologist. most of eyelid tumors are benign, but a few can be cancerous so would be ea good idea to remove. definitely need to be removed if making contact with the surface of the eye.

As for the hairloss, does she seem itchy at all? it could be they groomed her too short, or if she is itching could be allergies. you can try benadryl, dose is 1 mg per pound body weight. i would do it at least for 2 weeks to see if helps.

if there are any bumps or issues with the skin may require a vet visit.

does this answer all of your questions? what else can I answer for you?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian