Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Found an inch sized lump on the lower left side of the neck,

Customer Question

found an inch sized lump on the lower left side of the neck
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: it moves to the touch though is firm, and is not painful to the dog
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: that's really it, he's pretty healthy for being 10
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long has it been present?

Is it down near where the neck meets the shoulder? Is there one on the other side?

Does it appear to be attached to the skin (mobile or can be lifted away from the muscle below) or fixed to the lower tissues?