Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

10 week old toy Australian Shepard that weighs about 5lbs.

Customer Question

10 week old toy Australian Shepard that weighs about 5lbs. We started giving it safe guard 4 canine dewormer (fenbendazole granules 22.2% 222mg/g). Directions say to give it for three days, 1mg per day for a 10lb puppy. Our pup was given 1/2 pack over 24 hours before giving second treatment of 1/2 a pack. Puppy is now acting drunk. Staggering, can barely move, shaking. What should we do?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am sorry for the delay in response. If you would like to continue can you please answer a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Can you give me an update how Cody is doing?

2- How many mg (milligrams) or g (grams) were in the entire packet?

3- Besides the fenbendazole did he get into anything or eat something out of the ordinary?

4- Any vomiting, diarrhea or coughing?

5- Any other symptoms?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.