Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

9wk old pup can not walk or balnce s body, Yes, and can not

Customer Question
9wk old pup can not...
9wk old pup can not walk or balnce his body
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: Yes, and can not find anything
JA: The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Mack and 9wks
JA: How old is Mack?
Customer: 9 weeks old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Mack?
Customer: He was sleeping in bed with my son
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He did drink water this morning but lethargic
7/9/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

I'm sorry to hear of this with Mack. Which breed is he, please? The differential diagnoses for such a pup are overall weakness as might be seen with profound anemia, myelopathy (spinal cord disorder) of congenital (present at birth), traumatic, or infectious etiology, and encephalopathy (brain disorder) also of congenital, traumatic, or infectious etiology.

Until Mack can be attended to by a vet it would be prudent to administer 1 mL (1/5 measuring teaspoon)/lb of a sucrose solution such as Karo syrup in case he's hypoglycemic. If so, you should see a dramatic increase in his stength and balance.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian