How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. John Your Own Question
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 5542
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter has a large dog who is dying, has severe

Customer Question

My daughter has a large dog who is dying, has severe diarrhea and difficulty standing up. He needs to be euthanized but they can't afford to take him to a vet or to have a vet come to the house. is there any agency that can help them. They don't have any children and their dogs are their children. They are having a very difficult time not knowing what to do.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am very sorry to hear about your situation. Sometimes the humane society or ASPCA in the area will offer euthanasia for free or for a very low price. Some (though not all) will offer humane euthanasia at a reduced cost or for free for owners who cannot afford to pay for the service. Where does your daughter live?