Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My bllnd pug is now twelveyrs old. He is a rescue dog. 3

Customer Question
My bllnd pug is now...
My bllnd pug is now twelveyrs old. He is a rescue dog. For last 3 months he has been barking incessantly. Good app and bowels and water works fine. What to do.Since he was so abused I am reluctant to use any methods. Loes tosnuggle on my foot all day.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
7/8/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr B, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you with this. This sounds like he may have some cognitive impairment which is common in older pugs. I would suggest that you purchase a product called Neutricks on amazon. This is a product I use with dogs that are developing dogie dementia.... Also Science diet makes a diet called BD which is also wonderful for brain aging in dogs. Finally I would add an adaptil diffuser to the room where your dog spends the most time. I think if you do all these things you should see some improvement. Hope this helps.

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated for my answers. A positive rating will not close this question as I am happy to answer any follow up questions. Thank you very much!

Please note that the information I provide is intended as general information only and not intended to replace the advice of your veterinary professional

Sincerely, DRB

Please let me know if you need additional help or have additional questions.

Sincerely, DRB

Hi Rose,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Mrmagoo. How is everything going?

Dr B
Dr B
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian