Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

About 5 days ago mydog started moving slow and 2days later

Customer Question
Hi, about 5 days ago...
Hi, about 5 days ago mydog started moving slow and 2days later stopped walking and eating. Now it just crawls around. Vet said lungs and heart is good and nothing showed on back xray
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: There was awound on bac leg but it didnt look serious. Also, thedog stopped eating a day later. The vet said the dog has diabetes but that does expkain the crawling
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Melvin and he is 9 years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Melvin?
Customer: Im sure the vet knows everything. M has been at the vets for 2 days and they were ginen ok for any test.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
7/7/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Rebekah Kane, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Rebekah Kane
Rebekah Kane, Dog Veterinarian

Hi there, I am Dr. Kane, and I will do my best to assist you with your pet Melvin today. Please give me a moment to type up a response to your concerns. In the meantime- please take a moment to relay the following information:

1. Is Melvin dragging his hind legs?
  2. When did Melvin last have his blood sugar tested, or any other bloodwork?
  3. Can you upload a video of him moving, or a photo of the wound on his leg?
  4. When was he diagnosed with diabetes?
  5. Is he on insulin and any other medications?
  6. What breed of dog is he?
  7. Is he still at the vet?
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian