Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

MY dog rolled in something our yard man put on our grass.

Customer Question
she was very itchy and...
MY dog rolled in something our yard man put on our grass. she was very itchy and biting at herself. After several bath and spraying her with Gold Bond powder. Her sores are healing and she has quit biting, but every yime I toucher her back, her skin twiches. Do you thibk she is still Itching, or is she hurting?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
7/6/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Alleyne, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Alleyne
Dr. Alleyne, Dog Veterinarian

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? How long ago did this happen? Has she every had any issues with allergies in the past?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It happened about 2 weeks ago. Yes, she has a reaction to this spray before

Okay thanks for the additional information. Besides the spray did she receive any other treatment? If her skin is still twitching when you touch her back then it is most likely because she is still uncomfortable. This discomfort could be due to a combination of he still being itchy and in pain. Since she was biting at herself she may have developed as skin infection which may be causing the continued discomfort. So it is possible that she may need additional medication to help with her discomfort.

Do you have any further questions?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian