Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Cold to the touch vomitting no inyrest in food shaking, No,

Customer Question
Cold to the touch vomitting...
Cold to the touch vomitting no inyrest in food shaking
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: No
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Buck 2 yrs
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Buck?
Customer: No only had him a short time
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hes refusing water hes only a 3 lb chihuahua
7/3/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian

Good Afternoon and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry to hear that Buck is not feeling well. Hopefully, this is a minor digestive disturbance possibly from something that he may have ingested but I worry because you say he is cold to the touch. If this is minor, follow these instructions:

Fast Buck for 12-24 hrs which he is doing himself to allow the digestive tract to calm down and heal.
Give him Pepcid AC or Famotidine at 0.5 mg per pound every 8 hrs. That can be purchased over the counter at the pharmacy.
Give only small amounts of water during the fast or ice cubes
After the fast, feed rice and boiled chicken (2/1)

If the vomiting has resolved, then wean Buck back onto regular food. If the vomiting persists especially during the fast, take your sweet Buck to your vet for an exam and lab work to determine the cause for this. This is extremely important since this can cause dehydration or other more serious concerns such as an intestinal obstruction or an infection that will require veterinary care..

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****

Since he is refusing water, try giving him a few teaspoons of Pedialyte every few hours to be sure he remains hydrated. This could be very serious so if Buck does not respond soon, take him to your vet.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Great thank you

You are very welcome!! I hope sweet little Buck feels better soon!!

Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian