Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a 6 month old Chihuahua that was scared of the

Customer Question

I have a 6 month old Chihuahua that was scared of the fireworks so we gave her some Benadryl but she's had too much I think I think if they are 25 milligram tablets she's acting Spacey and your heart is racing but is there something I can do at home to counteract that
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the Chihuahua?
Customer: Just scared of the fireworks band surgery that she got sick at first but now he's acting a little spacey and she's her heart is racing and I think she's like seeing things
JA: Where does the Chihuahua seem to hurt?
Customer: I don't think she's hurting she's just really Spacey and looks like she's seen things in the air
JA: OK. No obvious pain. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the Chihuahua?
Customer: She 6 months old very healthy and active
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long ago did you give this?

How much does she weigh?

Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count her breaths for 10 seconds + multiply by 6)?

Are her gums pink or pale/white?