Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

We just got a new puppy the vet thinks he might have ring

Customer Question

We just got a new puppy the vet thinks he might have ring worm I bathed him in medicated shampoo and he is
On amoxicillin I have another dog what do. Have to do to protect him?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. I would be bathing the other dog with the medicated shampoo at the same time. The amoxicillin won't help with ringworm. Your vet probably prescribed that in case there is a secondary bacterial infection. Make sure you clean all bedding very well. Use bleach if possible. You can also clean floors with a bleach solution. Just make sure you get one that is safe if you have a porous surface. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get credit for helping you. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he sleeps in a kennel does that bedding need to be bleached daily? What bout the carpet ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about our clothing after we hold hi
Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 year ago.

I wouldn't say that it needs to be bleached daily. I would clean every thing very well at first, then do it on a monthly basis with bleach. I would clean any clothes with bleach or color safe bleach that come into contact with the pup. Decontaminating is most important while starting treatment. Let me know if you have further concerns.