Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Dog is snorting a lot since yesterday. He sounded fine earlier but started again. Sounds like if we have a plugged nose

Customer Question
He is snorting a lot...
He is snorting a lot since yesterday. He sounded fine earlier but started again.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?
Customer: Sounds like if we have a plugged nose from a cold.
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Nemo is a 12 year old Pomeranian
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Gnome?
Customer: He's usually very fit and feisty.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
7/2/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

How long has he had these signs?

Any discharges from the nose? What color? From one or both nostrils?

Do both nostrils seem congested?

Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count his breaths for 10 seconds + multiply by 6)?

Are his gums pink or pale/white?

Any coughing or sneezing?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian