Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Daughter got pup from rescue. Vet treated cough, got pink

Customer Question
Daughter got pup from rescue...
Daughter got pup from rescue. Vet treated for kennel cough, got pink eye. Vet said maybe distemper...gave test for distemper, but had in the mean time vaccinated for distemper...now says since he vaccinated pup, cannot say for sure if pup had distemper or not. Daughter wants answers...wonders why expensive text was recommended, when vet could not determine if distemper due to vac.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
7/2/2016
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 year ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hi, Laura. Thanks for your question.

Do you know what test was performed for distemper? What was the result?

And the vaccine was administered after the test was performed, is that correct?

How is the pup doing now?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian