Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

She ate about 3-4 oatmeal raisin cookies while we were out

Customer Question

She ate about 3-4 oatmeal raisin cookies while we were out to dinner. It has been about 4 hours since she did this and she seems fine. Should I be doing something about this?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Daffy and she is 3/12 and weighs 65 pounds.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Daffy?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Can you give me an idea of how many raisins per cookie?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maybe 3 per cookie. She seems to be fine this morning.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Friend, raisin toxicity in dogs is very dependent on the amount of raisins consumed and weight of the dog. The lowest toxic dose reported is 0.11 oz/kg, this means that for a 65 lbs Daffy she would need to eat at least 3 ounces of raisins to be concern about toxicity. In this case 4 cookies with 3 raisins per cookie is not enough to be toxic, she will be fine.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.