Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My puppy is 10 weeks and i got home from work and she was

Customer Question

My puppy is 10 weeks and i got home from work and she was not excited and was wobbly and she is walking kind of to the side. And when she sits she falls over
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: No wound. She also wont play and is whiney
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Chloe
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Chloe?
Customer: She looks dizzy.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- What breed is she?

2- Did she get into anything?

3- Any vomiting, diarrhea or coughing?

4- How long since the last time she ate?

5- Can you take a look at her gums and see if they are pink or pale?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She is a labrador retreiver
She ate a flower yesterday but thats all i know off
No vomiting or diareah
She ate this morning around 9
She gums are a pale pink
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Please give me a few minutes to type your answer. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oksy
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Friend, in a 10 week old puppy with acute onset of balance issues can be caused by many different medical conditions. Common causes are: Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), toxicity, infections, ingestion of a foreign body, etc. to name a few causes.

Unfortunately we are very limited as to what you can do at home. In this case, I would strongly recommend having her checked today by nearest veterinarian for a hands on examination. In the meantime give her 1-2 teaspoon of honey, pancake or karo syrup directly into her mouth in case this is related to hypoglycemia. Follow up with ER veterinarian.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.