Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

It has cherry eye and a growth in her mouth which make while

Customer Question
side of face swollen she...
It has cherry eye and a growth in her mouth which make while side of face swollen she is also very sluggish and disorganized
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: She about 6 to 7 yes old maybe a little older not sure she was fine till went got her shots this yr
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
6/30/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry to hear about your gal. The swelling on her face and growth in her mouth could very well be caused by an abscessed tooth including the "cherry Eye" which will be a reaction to this condition. It is very important that you have your vet examine your gal since antibiotics and possibly drainage of this abscess may be required. For now, apply hot compresses to this area that is swollen which will help draw out this infection and get her to your vet as soon as possible. If she is eating, it will help with the pain to give your gal aspirin at 5 mg per pound of her weight every 12 hrs until she can see your vet for further treatment.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you the access had popped early about a week ago then slowly puffing out more now

Does that make sense to you?

Sincerely, ***** *****

Then this has filled up again and will require another drainage and antibiotics. If a drain was not placed, then it should be placed here so this area cannot heal over and allow the bacteria to grow again.

Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian