Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Dog has bumps all over her face and body. And i found 4 piles of throw up when i came back from walking my other dog,

Customer Question
She has bumps all over...
She has bumps all over her face and body. And i found 4 piles of throw up when i came back from walking my other dog
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: The little one punctured a bottle pf clorox while i was at work. And i got home it was barely leaking but no sign of both of them. They both seemed fine until the oldest got all those things
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
6/29/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Pet Doc, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Pet Doc
Pet Doc, Dog Veterinarian

Hi there,

Thanks for your question regarding your girl. I am currently typing up a response and will have something for you in the next 5 - 10 minutes.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards,

Dr E

Hi again,

Thank you for your patience. From what you have stated about your girl having a combination of lumps all over her body and vomiting, it is highly likely this girl is having a severe allergic reaction. Given there was pf clorox they had access to and were biting into - there is every chance it is due to this, but we also have to consider whether this could be an allergic reaction to something else entirely including potentially even a bee/bug bite or sting, or even a snake bite.

Because there is a combination of severe hives and vomiting, this could potentially be an anaphylactic reaction. For this reason, I would definitely recommend that you get this girl straight down to your local ER vet now. Here they can carry out a full physical exam and give her an antihistamine and steroid injection to help settle this reaction. They can then carefully check her mouth for signs of burns/ulcerations that may indicate she managed to ingest/lick some of the bleach. I would also recommend taking your other dog to have him or her checked for signs of bleach ingestion as well.

Hopefully you can get them both seen straight away, if not - then for now please keep an eye on her mucus membranes, capillary refill time and respiratory rate tonight as follows (do be careful that your girl doesn't try to bite you):

Mucus membranes - flip her lip and look at the color of her gums. They should maintain a nice salmon pink color. Get her to the emergency Vet if they appear white or very pale pink, or if they are a dark deep red color.

Capillary Refill time - this measures blood perfusion and test this by putting your thumb on her gum to apply pressure. After you release your thumb you will see the gum blanch. Capillary refill time is the amount of time it takes (in seconds) for the gum to return to a healthy pink color from the blanched white color. If 2 seconds or less don't worry - if it is taking significantly more time, again - off to the emergency Vet.

Respiratory Rate - if she seems to be panting or breathing rapidly throughout the night, this is a sign of shock and or pain and a signal for a trip to the emergency Vet.

Best of luck with your girl, and do try your best to get her seen straight away, as this is potentially very serious. I hope all of the above makes sense? If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks! I hope to work with you again soon!

Kind Regards,

Dr E

PS: If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. E..." or "Pet-doc..." and others will leave the questions for me.

Pet Doc
Pet Doc
Pet Doc, Dog Veterinarian