Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My small Chihuahua was in a small fight yesterday with

Customer Question

my small Chihuahua was in a small fight yesterday with another dog yesterday she is a totally different dog now she is scared and not eating
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

If poor little Lulu does not show any signs of injuries or is not limping, then this has caused an emotional issue with her and the stress will cause her to not want to eat or she is too painful to want to eat. The first thing to do is to feel her all over for any signs of swelling that you may have missed or signs of pain. If there is nothing significant, then this could be just stress. Purchase DAP Collar at the pet store. This is a canine pheromone that acts as a calming agent and will help decrease sweet Lulu's anxiety. Also, purchase Nutrical which is a nutrient and vitamin supplement that is given every 4 hrs and will also act as an appetite stimulant.

If she does not respond to any of these, then it is important that you have your vet examine Lulu to be sure there are no internal injuries that are certainly possible because of her size. Hopefully, the treatment I gave you will help her past this stressful experience. This breed is extremely sensitive.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Hi Amy,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Lulu. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta