Rebekah Kane
Rebekah Kane, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  small animal veterinarian
94503255

I have a 4 year old LAB SHEPARD MIX. the last 2 nights he

Customer Question

I have a 4 year old LAB SHEPARD MIX. the last 2 nights he has had diarea like pure liquid. he is fine all day then at night he does this.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebekah Kane replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I am Dr. Kane, and I will do my best to assist you with your pet today. Please give me a moment to type up a response to your concerns. In the meantime- please take a moment to relay any other pertinent information. Sound good?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is a,very friendly dog and has been kinda reserved I thought it was from the heat but I have been keeping him inside mostly. He also threw up last nigjt.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also have a,10 year old lab mix but she seems fine

I'm sorry to hear Grizzlie is having this issue with diarrhea and vomiting. The first thing we would want to rule out is an intestinal parasite. This can be done by submitting a fresh stool sample to his veterinarian. It would be a good idea for them to check him out and make sure there are no other abnormalities on his physical examination. They will be able to send home an antibiotic for the diarrhea, and a dewormer, if needed. In the meantime, you can give a bland diet of plain boiled white rice and white chicken meat, mixed with a little plain nonfat yogurt. Has this helped?

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen. Thank you!

Please take a moment to provide a rating, thanks!

Just wanted to check in and see how Grizzlie is doing today- is he feeling any better?

I'm just following up on our conversation about Grizzlie. How is everything going?

Rebekah Kane