Rebekah Kane
Rebekah Kane, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  small animal veterinarian
94503255

My female dog is leaking milk from her nipples. She is not

Customer Question

My female dog is leaking milk from her nipples. She is not spayed and has not been in contact with any male dogs
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebekah Kane replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I am Dr. Kane, and I will do my best to assist you with your pet today. Please give me a moment to type up a response to your concerns. In the meantime- please take a moment to relay any other pertinent information. Sound good?

Are you available to chat now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK- this can be a normal condition that female dogs sometimes develop, called "pseudopregnancy". here is a link that describes the condition: http://www.petmd.com/dog/conditions/reproductive/c_dg_false_pregnancy

If there is any redness or soreness to her mammary glands, it could be something else- and she should be examined by her veterinarian. Has this helped?

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen. Thank you!

Please take a moment to provide a rating, thanks!