Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

He's a shitzhu s groin area on right side is swollen. I

Customer Question

He's a shitzhu his groin area on right side is swollen. I tried to mate him this weekend no success and he never mated before , no signs of a bite or allergies but it's swollen and he moving slow. It took him 10times to be able to lift his leg to pee. He did but slow movement
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: Yes but checking again cause he has so much hair
JA: The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Chewie he's 3 years old
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Chewie
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Chewier?
Customer: Seasonal allegies and a episode with a bite (they didn't find it ) last summer that cause a severe allergic reaction where he lost all muscular function. The shot him with Benadryl and he's been health ever since
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) Is the swelling still present?
2) Do you have a clear photo detailing the swelling?
3) Are you seeing any bruising?