Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Lower jaw tremors occasionally and very lethargic. She has

Customer Question
extreme reaction to going to...
Lower jaw tremors occasionally and very lethargic. She has extreme reaction to going to vet as she is rescue
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Minnie and she is somewhere between 12 and 14
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Minnie?
Customer: She has always been very healthy. She is a ***** ***** and min pin mix
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
6/17/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Katie Volat, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Katie Volat
Katie Volat, Dog Veterinarian

This is Dr. KV. I'm here to help with Minnie today.

Is Minnie eating? Does she seem painful when trying to chew?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
She is eating but not a lot and no it does not seem to be anything actually related to chewing.

Ok, thank you for the additional information. It sounds like Minnie is definitely not feeling well. There are several reasons why her jaw could be trembling: pain, stress, anxiety and weakness to name a few. If Minnie has not recently been to the vet, I recommend taking her in for a complete physical exam and senior blood work.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
She is terrified of the vet. Her HR and Resp status seem normal. Cold wet nose. Her head is warm. The jaw trembling has gotten better today. Appetite diminished a bit but activity level is diminished as well. Stools normal although pretty soft. Urinary status normal.
If Minnie is lethargic it could mean that she is painful or something could be causing organ dysfunction. If she is fearful of the vet clinic, you could try a mobile housecall vet. That would be less stressful, but very necessary to ensure she is ok.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Katie Volat
Katie Volat
Katie Volat
Katie Volat, Dog Veterinarian