Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

13 year dog has growth on belly near bäck leg is bleeding, i found on line to put heat on and caster oil.

Customer Question
13 year dog has growth...
13 year dog has growth on belly near bäck leg is bleeding, i found on line to put heat on and caster oil. I have already spent $180.00 at vets and they want $ 800.00 to remove.
can't afford this what can i do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/17/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 10 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue.

How large is the mass? Is it oozing blood, or bleeding large quantities?

Well, at any rate, this is what I would recommend... it is used commonly by a lot of emergency vets and regular vets alike. It is a chinese herb that reduces and stops bleeding, and it can help prolong your dog's life. I would start with 2 capsules twice a day and then decrease to 1 capsule once a day once you are happy with the degree of bleeding (hopefully none).

https://www.activeherb.com/baiyao/

http://www.tiensproduct.com/10-Boxes-Yunnan-Baiyao-Capsules-free-shipping-p/05099.htm

You can research the cheapest place to buy it online if you like. I would also put a thin film of triple antibiotic cream on the growth twice daily to keep infection at bay.

I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service, please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Bonuses are not necessary, but are appreciated, as they go directly to me rather than to the website. Best of luck.

Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian