Katie Volat
Katie Volat, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian at Veterinary Hospital
94509965

My dog max was found on s side not moving laying in s own

Customer Question

My dog max was found on his side not moving laying in his own throw up and now he is shaking and wont open his eyes.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Max?
Customer: He has vertigo and arthritis
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Katie Volat replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. KV. I'm here to help with Max. It sounds like he is in bad shape. Is he conscious? Can he lift his head?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He seems conscious but he is just breathing his eyes are closed and we are holding his head up.

Ok, it sounds like he may have had a seizure. I recommend taking Max to your nearest emergency vet to get checked out as soon as possible. He may have gotten into something toxic.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there anything i can do because my family can't afford the emergency bill

I'm sorry to hear that. It is hard to say what is going on...he could have eaten something toxic or he could be having a seizure due to an infection or brain disease. How old is Max? Do you know if he has gotten into anything harmful?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is 10 years old in people years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He just finished eating his food.

Ok, great...so he is alert now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not like normal he ate his food before the episode

Ah, ok. The best thing to do would be to take him to an ER vet if he is not responsive....it could save his life if he ate something toxic. Please keep a close eye on him and ensure he is comfortable.

Feel free to reach out if I can assist you further.

With appreciation,

Dr. KV