Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I have an 11 year old lab/boxer. She does not like going

Customer Question
I have an 11 year...
I have an 11 year old lab/boxer. She does not like going for walks anymore. My Vet says her heart is fine and she does not have arithitis. She's 20 pounds over weight. She has allergies and is on pedisone. She eats fine. Should we be worried?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
6/14/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Altman, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

I do understand your concerns and worry that perhaps the medications are taking a toll on her. Has your veterinarian run basic bloodwork to rule out liver or thyroid issues? That would be my first inclination if her exam was unremarkable

If her bloodwork was unremarkable I would consider acupuncture and alternative medicine to help boost her energy in hopes of getting her more active again. In addition, a prescription food such as Hill's Metabolic and Mobility which is going to help her lose the weight as well as have joint supplements as well...

I will await further information from you. I am online another 30 minutes before exiting for a bit to see patients...

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

I am online another 30 minutes tonight to assist you with any additional questions or concerns. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!

Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian